WELCOME TO DWEEB FRATERNITY BLOG!!!

HEY MY FELLOW DWEEBS AND DWEEBETTES!

WELCOME TO OUR BLOG!

DWEEB FRAT* IS AN AMALGAMATION OF STUDENT ARTISTS WHO OFTEN SEE LIFE THROUGH A DIFFERENT PAIR OF SPECTACLES!

HERE ARE OUR THOUGHTS, VISIONS AND JOURNEYS...
ENJOY!

Thursday 24 July 2008

UNDER STAND

Hey guys, was searching through my laptop and I cam across a poem/piece of expressive writing I wrote a while back. Im going to try and start getting back into expressing things with the good old notepad and pen. Here it is.. Enjoy!

UNDER STAND

As I sit here and think…

Ink in my pen, notepad in my hand, I try to understand why things are the way they are?

Some say that it happened in a bang,

Well… Let’s think, I mean, how can order come from destruction?

How can an explosion bring life to the things I see in my surroundings?

Like the plants that grow and the birds that sing?

I don’t understand

Why is it acceptable for a black man to call his fellow brother a nigger?

Or why do the youth of today think its okay to lick shots at the squeeze of a trigger?

I don’t understand

Why do we sometimes underestimate our capabilities, when actually we are capable of nurturing our God given abilities to minister to individuals needs.

I don’t understand

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Why are the norms of our society sometimes contradictory to individual’s beliefs?

Trying so hard to fit in, and therefore willing to slip into something contrary to what they stand for.

Furthermore,

Why do some guys feel the need to roll deep and creep in the streets, hooded up like ghetto vultures looking for some fresh meat?

That’s deep…

I’ve tried to understand

And I still continue to think as my ink flows on to my page,

And there’s one thing I know for certain.

I know that, I will continue to strive to be under the guidance of God so I can stand firm and learn to see things from his perspective.

I’ve realised that our level of understanding cannot comprehend some things, but if you understand him, I’m sure those things that you sometimes question will start to sink in.

Swae - Dweeb Fraternity 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE BLOG ...FOLLOW